Berli paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berli paint

If had your chance again to paint your Berlinetta another colour/s what would you choose.

Re: Berli paint

Hi Lee,
    For me it would have to be green - though not that which I've already used.
    I would match the colour of the Berli. from Comber, County Down that some of us know ; that must be one of the smartest around.

Comment

Lee, Your question appeared on the messages I started regarding tie-bar nut security. So I have copied my response to this area.

I bought my car with the existing colour scheme, and I liked it as soon as I saw it on an Internet site.

I think Berlis should be two-tone, especially with the big running-boards. I've seen a picture of one with dark blue body and silver boards. Definitely looked the business! I think it had a BMW engine, which I wish mine did. My 28 year-old Pinto is beginning to show its age.

Saw an all metallic green one on e-Bay, which the owner said he had spent over 2-grand on the paint alone. It looked hideous, and didn't get anywhere with the auction.

If you are thinking of doing yours, the club calendar gives a good selection of colour-schemes. I like the other 2-tone scheme of Keith Davidson in June. Mine is in October.
      Cheers
      Mike

Comment

Sorry, in case you or other members don't have the calendar to see my Berli in October, it is two-tone, with cream running boards/wings and maroon body. The builder had a fettish for brass, so it is a bit OTT, with chrome fittings also. Always gets heads turning! I wouldn't want to change the colours.

I've got rid of the brass-finish spot-lights (with naff Lucas sealed-beam bulbs) and replaced them with chrome. Ditto the headlamp rims, which were really tarnishing. Covered all brass bits with special lacquer, but are still tarnishing or darkening.
        Mike

Comment

H Mike thanks for that the car goes to the painter on wed and can not decide on a colour.

Comment

Lee, you have the car booked in, and you haven't decided on a colour yet?!! Jeepers!

I'm guessing you have a few ideas in mind, tho' - surely?!

I have to say, the two-tone thing works for me, either by having the inner and outer wings in a contrasting shade, or else the 'classic' Berli scheme of the silver band running down the side - I've just looked at Keith Davidson's car on the 'Cars' section of the site, and it looks very impressive.

But, even choosing the right SHADE of a colour can be a nightmare. If you like mid-blue metallics, I've certainly always found the shade used on Peugeots (207/307s, etc) quite eye-catching (don't know what it's called, but Renault do a similar colour called Ottoman Blue).

When it comes to different coloured wings I think, on balance, I prefer the wings to be the darker colour, although - as always - there are exceptions to this.

Are you looking for something different?! 2-tome silver/grey could work with the right shades - even using a dark 'Anthracite' for the wings?

It's a toughie - good luck...

Comment

"...by having the inner and outer wings in a contrasting shade..." by this I mean the inner and outer wings are the SAME shade, but different from the rest of the car!

Comment

And the chosen colour is...?!

Comment

Hi Donnie,
                  The colour is Toyota Tempas grey a dark metalic. I am having it all in one colour. Nervous as to what it turns out like but all the panels are off the car and its had all paint removed and re-etch primed.

Comment

Hi Lee.

I'm not familiar with that actual colour (I'll have to do a surf...) but I certainly do like dark grey/anthracite metallics.

My guess is that it'll look absolutely stunning (and nicely different)!

Dark greys are also equally good at showing off either chrome highlights or matt-black details; so you can bling or de-chrome to similar brilliant effect! Darker colours also show off alloys that much better...

Hmmmm.

Comment

HI Donnie,
                      Here is hoping it looks good, that is the idea to show the chrome/stainless off. Thinking of getting a light tint on the side and rear windows while the glass is out ??? What do ou recon

Comment

Hmm, I'm sure a very light smoked grey tint would look quite superb - you poseur!

I can't find that colour - Tempas grey - anywhere on t'net - is it spelt correctly? I'm sure we'll see pics on here pretty soon anyways!

I have an NG that'll need painting wa-ay down the line, and have to say that mid & dark greys were high on my list of choices. Looking forward to seeing your finished results.

Have you dismantled the various panels? Handle them so-o-o-o carefully...

Comment

we will see about the glass getting some quotes tomorrow...Year Tempas grey is the correct colour, all the panels are off the car includding the rear section and the windscreen surround its going to be a big rush for stoneleigh.

Comment

Working...
                          X