sidescreens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidescreens

where can i get sidesceens fron ? where can they be made? what sort of material is best? also having problems getting on this site any ideas home computer has error remote server not working using friends computer today thank john

Re: sidescreens

John
    Original were produced by Lang nd potter , Plymton , Plymouth, though previous entries on this Forum seem to suggest that they are no longer able to supply.If you have pattern to work from then any car trimmer local to you should be able to produce new ones. Failing that it may be possible to borrow a set to work from, which is just one reason to join the membership as you get 'inside' information on who has got what that is surplus to requirements/for sale etc!

Comment

thanks Alan i have side screens for pat but want more usable ones, by the way i have joined but had no news letter or conformation of membership thanks john

Comment

YKC did a fibreglass sidescreen (i seem to remember that John Catling had a set of blanks for sale about 18mths ago) but they were a bit clumsy. I am working on a self supporting design similar to the MGA style that will slot into Cobra style tubes on the top of the door with a Morgan style thumbwheel on the outside to add rigidity. The frame will be mild steel strip with canvas covering and celuloid type windows stiched in. Early days, still working with thin ally strip for shapes etc but should be finished in the next six mths or so. I have the advantage of needing a new hood and a local trimmer has said that I should get the screens sorted first and he would make the hood to fit.
        The ultimate sidescreens must be the ones that Mike (I think) in Leeds made for his V8 roadster - sliding old mini style windows with fixed opening quarterlights. Attached pic from Capesthorne some years ago.
        Attached Files

Comment

See also those made by Alan Landsburgh - thread posted 28 Sept 2005

Comment

Hi, I have a full kit of the ykc sidescreens, still in delivery box unused.

Comment

hi danny are you thinking of selling them? john

Comment

Hi, yes I am going to sell, is your car lwb or short?

Comment

hi danny short wheel based can you send me more detail on [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X