BERLINETTA WIPERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BERLINETTA WIPERS

AFTER AQUIRING A BERLINETTA LAST YEAR TO REPLACE MY ROADSTER, I WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE THE WIPERS AND WIPER ARMS AND WONDER WHERE THE DONOR PARTS CAME FROM. ARE THEY LANDROVER, MINI? ETC AND WHAT DO PEOPLE RECOMMEND, AS THE CURRENT ONES ARE BENT TO FIT AND DONT LOOK TOO PROFESSIONAL? ANY IDEAS? THANKS IN ADVANCE. KEITH.

Re: BERLINETTA WIPERS

Keith the wiper arems are nearly always from a Cortina to match the spindle. They are a matt black but if cleaned off you will find that they are stainless under the paint. There are of course the exceptions which are mods by the builder and could be from a different source.

Comment

Hi Keith, If you want to upgrade the Berli' wiper system you could do no better than replace the noisy reciprocating Cortina mechanism with the Mini-style idea based on a Lucas 14W motor and rotating wiper drive. The wheel boxes need to have the l o n g...e s t spindle
      available from an old Landrover.
      Complete kits are available or all the parts are can be found separately from other sources. An excellent article, including wiring, is shown on SVC's web site.
      Ours works well.

Comment

Thanks Neville, for your reply. Will go onto SVC's website to see the setup. the Cortina set up doesnt seem to park correctly. what size wiper blades are fitted to yours and in what position do the wipers park?

Comment

Hi Keith.

Mine has typical Cortina setup. I'm happy enough with how it works - ok, they don't park 'flat' against the bulkhead like on modern cars, but neither are they a visual problem; you just forget they are there!

Arms are cut-down Cortina items, with after-market 10" SS blades - suitable for flat screens only - (no flex, and rubber and holder all one piece) slipping nicely onto the spindle.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X