Head lamp bar as a bage bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head lamp bar as a bage bar

How do you mount badges onto the headlamp bar? Most badge bars are 3/4 of an inch and the mounts wont fit the 1 inch dia headlight bar.

The only solution I have found is to adapt 1" Telescopic sight mounts. Does anyone have a better more aesthetic solution?

Re: Head lamp bar as a bage bar

Hi Don, that's what I originally thought but I found 1" ones at Stoneleigh

Comment

I will have a look there then.

Comment

Have a look around your local motorbike stockists. The ones that sell bolt-on bits, not just new bikes. Most handlebars and crash bars on the older bikes are 1" tube so brackets for mirrors are a good starting point. I used two of these for mounting my spotlamps on the headlamp bar of my Hunter. They are usually Chrome finish but some are Stainless. Peter.

Comment

WARNING! Don't put ANYTHING on the headlamp bar and in front of the radiator without checking the airflow first. I've found that even a trials number (only slightly larger than the average badge) can have a significant effect on engine (non) cooling. If you already suffer over-heating problems they WILL be worse with anything in front of the rad. Andrew.

Comment

Good point Andrew. Have a look also at my post "Cooling for V8 Hunter3.9i " in the Hunter / Cabrio section of the forum back in Jan 09, where I also mention badges interrupting clean airflow. I have also moved my spotlights from the front valance for the same reason. They are now hanging off the headlamp bar BUT between the edge of the rad intake and the front inner wings. In that position they block air going past the rad and funnel it more into the rad intake. I was thinking that Don's badges would be fitted in the same position. Incidentally my ram air duct mods have shown the best improvement re cooling to date, by preventing cooling air going "around" the rad. It all has to go through the core! Peter.

Comment

Working...
            X