Clutch slave cylinder tool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch slave cylinder tool.

I made a tool to assist the removal of the clutch slave cylinder by levering the operating lever out of the way so that the slave cylinder can be slid out.

The turned button locates in the hole in the bell-chamber to give purchase so that the leverage can be used effectively against the operating arm. The bend in the lever enables it to clear summat or other.

The tool is available for borrowing. (liquid refreshment in return).
    Attached Files

Re: Clutch slave cylinder tool.

Originally posted by donsayers View Post
    I made a tool to assist the removal of the clutch slave cylinder by levering the operating lever out of the way so that the slave cylinder can be slid out.

The turned button locates in the hole in the bell-chamber to give purchase so that the leverage can be used effectively against the operating arm. The bend in the lever enables it to clear summat or other.

The tool is available for borrowing. (liquid refreshment in return).
    Hi donsayers

I am having the devil's own job getting the clutch slave cylinder out of my marina based marlin.... does the offer of the load of lever still stand?

Happy to provide liquid refreshment!

Thanks

Phil

Comment

Re: Clutch slave cylinder tool.

I have never had complete faith in any of the clutch slave cylinder removal tools and ended up using a luggage ratchet strap to pull the clutch arm rearward. The only drawback is that these devices, whilst pulling up on a ratchet, is that the release can be quite sudden is under great tension.

Further reading on Clutch slaves here or there or here or there

Extract from Workshop manual here or there

This is the standard Special tool 18G1213 here or there

Finally on reassembly make sure the bleed nipple is uppermost as they are impossible to bleed thoroughly otherwise. An Ital extended Clutch bleed pipe makes it even easier.
      Use a vacuum bleeder, less chance of fluid spraying around the engine bay, and can be operated by a single person.
      Last edited by stevejgreen; 19-10-14, 10:11 AM. Reason: Links added

Comment

Working...
      X