Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoneleigh, Pictures and Master cylinder help

Hi everyone

Just wondering who was going to stoneleigh as me and the girlfriend are going to be coming up so might be able to meet a few people.

As i mentioned earlier here are some picures of the car, hopefully will get some colour on her this weekend as long as the weather is good.

Also i have added some pictures of my brake master cylinder which i am wanting to replace, does anybody recognise it?

Cheers in advance everyone.

Re: Stoneleigh, Pictures and Master cylinder help

Hi Tom. You will find a lot of us on the Club stand. There is a marquee, tea & coffee. If you want to camp on the club stand and join us in the marquee for Sat & Sun evenings, bring a bottle or two and chairs. There will be a lot of cars to see as well. Hope to see you.

Comment

Hi Tom, Try reducing the size of your pics and they may stick onto your message. Look forward to meeting you at the Marlins 30th aniversary.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Liz, Ben

Cheers for the invite to stay the evening I would like to have done but I have organised to visit my grandparents who are up that neck of the woods. I will definitely becoming next year and definitely with the marlin. Is there anything going on June onwards time which the club is planning on attending?

Cheers for the advice Ben, hopefully it will work this time.
        Attached Files

Comment

woohoo it did

Comment

I love those wheels!!!
            As for the master cylinder...I am sure someone will tell you exaclty what it's off but it looks very much like a sierra one with a bit of shinanigans to turn it through 180 degrees. I have one of these in my bucket of bits - I would happily measure it if you like and look for markings etc (it has three outlets) - more likely its a stock item that someone will recogninse.

Comment

no i take it back - not sierra! sorry.

Comment

I think it could be a late Spitfire one. These were dual circuit (which this appears to be)

Robin

Comment

Hi Tom.. could you tell me where u got the wheels for your car? im having trouble finding wheels to fit if anyone can help??

thanks

olly

Comment

cheers for getting back to me with the guesses i think i may have sorced one through sending pictures to the brake suppliers.

i must say im really happy with the wheels and think once it all finished will really set it all off nicely, i got the wheels from bob jackson (marlin owner) have not got a clue where he got them from.

Comment

The wheels are Cyclone Interceptor 8 spoke bought from Europa spares (Burton on trent).when the car was built in 1991. The wheels were the car when I bought it.

Comment

Hi Tom,
                        great to see another Mk1 and yes those wheels look fabulous. Which Triumph is the car based on, what's the engine and what's the planned colour choice? Just putting the finishing touches to my Mk1, have been away from club events for years but really would like to see other cars again. Look forward to seeing your finished project.
                        Dave
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave, could you tell me where u got your wheels from and also you front side lights?? having trouble getting side lights small enough as they all seem to be 60 or 70mm.

thanks

olly

Comment

Hi dave.

Yours is looking really good aswell almost there then, well my plan is to paint it bugatti blue like the old type 35s as looks really nice colour not only that i havent seen any others with this paint job. But saying that depending on the weather it might be on the road in its current multicoloured livery as we are planning on spraying it ourselves and just need the right couple of days for it, but if the rest is done im not waiting around to get it on the road and can be done when ever the time is right.

The car itself is a bitsa, the basis was on a 1.6 vitesse but i have upgraded some areas such as front brakes to the 2.0 ones. The engine is the triumph 2.5 with twin SU carbs and cherry bomb exhaust system, the noise is amazing and always bursts into life first time. Fitted to it is the 4 speed gearbox with overdrive and the reverse is next to 4th gear if anybody knows what car this is out of??

I must say I have been very lucky with it as when i bought it i didnt relise its tax exempt, sva exempt, and also exempt from alot of the new rules about cars, legally it doesnt need seat belts but i would have to have a death wish not to fit them.

what is yours based on?

By the way my plan is to get it to newark show early june which will hopefully be its first club outing.

Comment

The Mini-lite alloys are from Rimmer Bros (5.5J x 13)and the side lights are the original Marlin supplied "rubberlite" units. Some might say they are "a bit functional" but they have survived since 1980!

Bet the 2.5 is quite a handful and I would imagine it would pull the high gears very quickly? I went for the very predictable Red always had a thing for Italian cars and ended up chosing Honda Milano Red. Should look good in the Blue and as you say not very common. Only recall seeing a few in blue, pic attached if you haven't seen any.
                              My car has a rather modest base in comparison, Herald 13/60 with Spitfire Overdrive gearbox, nice to drive and keeps me out of trouble :-)
                              I'm aiming to put a write up together about the car as I originally built it with my Father nearly thirty years ago.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X