clutch pedal conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch pedal conversion

Hi has anyone got a picture of a converted hydralic to cable clutch mechanism?
    i have a capri pedal assembly and was going to graft on? searched the forums but no pictures. someones mention maestro convertions my servo and master cylinder seems a bit if and might consider a pedal box change if anyone can suggest? by the way thanks for the help on the marina gearbox saga now have fitted the pinto and five speed. just need to drop out weekend and finish welding the engine mounts.

Re: clutch pedal conversion

Give me a call on 01768867965 as I will explain the best way to convert, or I will see you at Stoneleigh this weekend.

Comment

hi bob thankd for the offer of advice but me being me i have done it already. i cut the top of the capri pedal off and welded it to the marina pedal cut a hole in the pedal box . i then covered it with some 3mm plate as a base. punched another hole trough this for some pipe as a guide for the cable. welded pipe to plate plate bolts in on top mounting hole and the lower slave cylinder hole. its was the removed and sealed with some high temperture mastic and bolted together again. took about 2-3 hours to convert. looks like it should work ok but might need to shorten the outer cable by 10mm.

Comment

YEP,You have done what I would have advised, but if the outer cable needs shotened you have welded the pipe in the wrong place to the plate. Also if your cable has only one nut for adjustment at the clutch bellhousing I would advise another nut, cut a slot so it will go over the inner cale and screw it on the adjuster and this help keep it fixed to the bellhousing hole.

Comment

yup cut the nut off and i now have the slight play required. i think a second nut on the other side is a good idea so i will cut one and fit it. cars all but ready to start up just a couple more hoses and tidy the wireing.

Comment

Working...
          X