Anyone got a MegaJolt?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a MegaJolt?!

I took my car into my guys at Kent for a quick health check and while they were rummaging around trying to get the tickover better, they suggested I get a MegaJolt. Apparently it's the in thing and replaces the distributor completely.

Having fitted (OK, Lee fitted it) my Aldon electronic ignition only last year, I'm not I want to fork out loads of money on one of these things but I have had distributor fun and games for ever and it would be nice to eliminate it once and for all. My current one was put on last year with the Aldon when Lee and Bob Jackson did some open heart surgery up in the lakes and found my dizzy was somewhat shot. Bob kindly let me have a replacement but it's still temperamental.

What do you think? Should I go for one of these?

http://trigger-wheels.com/store/index1.html?lang=en-uk&gclid=CMK8lO6AnJoCFYFA3godHzdu9g

Re: Anyone got a MegaJolt?!

OK, I have been to Stoneleigh and seen one of these things and it's scary! Peter Morris the BMW Cabrio rep and a knowledgeable electronics guy said not to bother as it's more for the boy racers so I have purchased a new distributor and whizzy built in electrnic ignition and I'm going for it! The Aldon will be replaced but it will go to a good home. I'll keep you posted on progress.

Comment

Working...
    X