Old Roadster and IVA.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Roadster and IVA.....

Ive just purchased my second Roadster with a plan to gut it for its rear axle for trials prep of the original one, only trouble is on getting it home ive realised its such a shame to pull it apart so have decided to restore it. However, I need to get it registered, I realise that IVA is the official way forward but it will be a long hard road to get it through, unless anyone can suggest another option.....

Re: Old Roadster and IVA.....

Ben,
    If all "other" methods don't come off then you can always register the car as a "prototype" and then there is no IVA. The downside is that you can never sell it. You will also have to think of a fictitious company name for your new car manufacturing company.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Jon - tell me more about this prototype registration thing. Kind regards, cameron (from the ICantBelieveItsNotAMarlin Co)
      :-)

Comment

Cameron,
        Not too sure of detail. A very good friend of mine, Phil Squance, owns Caged who are the current owners of the ToniqR project. When I asked him the other day about IVA he just said that if you tell them you are a car company and that the car is a prototype then there is no IVA, just MOT and they give you a reg. I will probably speak with him later today and will ask for more detail.
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Thanks Jon, I would also be very keen to hear any more information you can find on this, i'll see if the DVLA can be of any help. Ben, (from the MarlinRoadsterReplica Company)

Comment

If you form a limited company (which costs next to nothing), I don't see any reason why you can't sell the company and its 'prototype' with it if you so choose in the future...

Got to be cheaper than trying to get it through a test...

Comment

Working...
            X