Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol Tank

Hi everyone

I am looking to get a nice shiny chrome filler cap for the marlin, On ebay they have the ones to fit to a mini. Do these fit or do i need a different one?

Cheers

Re: Petrol Tank

Guess it depends on the filler neck you have used.
    I seem to remember the neck on my roadster is from a Vauxhall Viva !!! And the chromed locking cap was bought specifically for that car. If the neck is the same diameter as the Mini neck then all should be fine, although we had to modify the locking cap on my son's Mini to make it fit under the "Monza" filler cap.

Comment

Re: Petrol Tank

Hi Tom,
      Hope the restoration is going well. Filler caps can be a bit of a minefield, do you know which tank you have? The two recomended options for the early Triumphs were the 8 Gallon Spitfire or 6 Gallon Hillman Imp tanks. If you have the Spitfire tank with a standard filler neck personally I would play safe and get something from Rimmers or Moss. My filler neck was adapted from the original Herald, these have three cut outs where many others tanks, including Mini's only have two. If you don't know the tank you have I might be able to help with a photo
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X