Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat twin cam carb options

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone has much experience with different carb options for the 2ltr fiat twin cam. I've got a 32 or 34 adf fitted at the moment if i've identified it correctly!

Obviously looking to increase power, a lot of people have been mentioning twin carbs but i'm not sure if i want the hassle. Was curious if anyone has any exprience with the single carb dellorto 45 dcoe, would this be a bit too big for the engine? Sorry question is quite vague, still getting to grips with carburettors after leaving the realms of fuel injection!

cheers, Sam.

Re: Fiat twin cam carb options

Hi Sam,
    Have you looked on the Fiat Motor Club GB web site.
    The guys are very helpful in the TECHNICAL department. I'm sure they will be able to advise you.

Terry

Comment

Cheers for the link terry, can't seem to get on the forum side of it at the moment, hopefully its just down temporarely.

Comment

Hi Sam,
        once you've accessed the site you'll need to register, then you should be able to get on the forum.

Comment

ok will give that a go. Just got the oil cooler today so should have fun fitting that tonight, still loving the car, i can definately see why you didn't want to get rid! Might be up in the lakes at the start of august for the weekend so ill give you a shout if i do mate.

Comment

Sam, join the club (£15.00 only I think, for the hole year ). And come to the Lake do on the 18/19th July.

Terry

Comment

Sam,
              Check out Guy Croft. He is the twin cam tuning guru. I have twin idf's on my 1.8 and are not to difficult to keep in tune. They drink petrol though. Guy has many suggestions but I think the favoured route if my mind serves correct is the weber dgas which enables the engine to breath better whilst keeping fuel economy. Why not go down the FI route if that is what you are used to. Plenty of after market options for this if you have the money!!! There was once a nikki carb that was supposed to be the best but finding one will be difficult these days.
              Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
              - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Working...
              X