Website access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website access

Can we have a serious conversation about access to this website?
    It seems to be the only website in the world that blocks access to my IP address! I know I can use this proxy web access through 'hidemyass' but this is getting hideously slow and I get all those crap pop up adverts, etc.
    Who hosts this website and why can't they get it fixed? Does the club pay for the hosting or is it done as favour? I suggest we don't pay their invoices for a while until it's fixed. Or find a new web hosting company?

Re: Website access

Hi Peter, i think you may have a problem with malware on your machine as one of ours was producing this sort of result, after formatting the C drive and reloading it no further problems, and all other machines that i use are ok, no popups, or any other probs. Merv

Comment

you may want to run adaware to clean off any unwanted malware Peter. Do you get the same problems with any other websites though?

Comment

Guys

We are moving the server soon. I hope this will assist with the access problem.

Comment

To Merv and Cameron,
          thanks for your suggestions but no I do not have any malware and it is not a problem with my PC. This is an issue with the MOC website and needs to be fixed. The website server is blacklisting my IP address which is why the proxy website "hidemyass" works. But it is this site that introduces the advertising pop ups.
          It is affecting a number of members and will drive new members away.
          Sue, lets hope the webmaster fixes it soon but just hoping moving the server will work seems a bit hit and miss? They need to find the root cause and get it fixed.

Comment

Hi Peter.

That's a strange one. I have absolutely no problems like that whatsoever.

What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox and it blocks all popups automatically.

Comment

I concur with peter.
              I have to use the proxy server which is a mess. I can access ALL other sites that I have been using for the last few years without problem.
              I have always run the latest Norton - almosy since it was invented.
              I have even thrown the problem at Tiscali. They cannot find any problem at my end either.
              I have tried Firefox with no different result.
              The latest explorer blocks all popups too!
              Let us hope that the server change makes a difference.
              Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Are all of you who are having probs. using Norton?
                I'm also with Pipex(Tiscali) and use Firefox but have been using Avast free antivirus and the windows firewall for several years without probs.I also have Spyware blaster running in the background.

Comment

Dane,
                  like you, I have no access issues with any other website in the world (at least nothing i have found yet!). Interestingly, I am with Tiscali as well and they could not trace the problem. I am convinced it is not my machine as any device (including my son's iphone) is blocked when connected to my wireless router. And before anyone suggest it, it is not my router because I bought a brand new one and had the same problem straight out of the box. The proxy server works as it 'hides' your IP adddress which must be black listed at the MOC website server.

When is the server swap planned??

I'll ask again, does the MOC pay for this website!!

Comment

MOC pays for the website registration. The work done on the website is almost 100% voluntary by a friend of mine and me. I have the ideas, he does the work. There is no professional set up here, the website is run mostly by good will.
                    The website move will take place as soon as possible. In the meantime, please be patient and mail me direct if you are disgruntled.

Comment

Advertising pop ups? I get none of these. Can I suggest you run "Hijack this" (http://www.whatthetech.com/hijackthis/) to check your browser for browser hijackers. These do not always show up or get blocked by anti virus software.

I know it's probably no help but this website works just fine, just like any other for me. I'm using Firefox 3.0.11

Comment

Sue,
                        the website access is getting worse. Norton antivirus is now blocking the 'hidemyass' proxy as a fraudulant website, making access even more difficult.
                        Any news on the server move?

thanks

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter

Apologies. I am still awaiting action on this. Can I suggest you try Don's link above or any proxy website that does the same thing.

I have nudged my webmaster in the meantime.........

Comment

Hi Sue,
                            Any news yet on sorting website access?
                            I can still only get on via Hidemyass, which is a real pain in the proverbial

Comment

Hi Peter

There may be some hope here. I have spoken to the webmaster, seriously, and have said in no uncertain terms that we need this fixing. As from yesterday he has changed his job and has promised me that he will be in a position to sort this. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X