Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I've just joined the MOC as I have bought Q249 FDF, a Roadster which I believe is "known" as details are on the site, and the car has a 2002 MOC sticker.

I am keen to talk with any previous owners and if possible collect some history...is Peter Davies the original builder still in the MOC ?

I am wondering about :
    (a)Who painted her last and what colour was used ...looks like a metallic sort of light BRG
    which was put on top of a darker green.
    (b)Where can I obtain a timing belt kit to replace the tensioner pulley and the belt as the car is coming up to 46K
    (c)Any Roadster owners local(ish)to me in N Lincs

Contact if you wish via [email protected] or tel 01427 678084
    Attached Files

Re: Hello

Oops, should have mentioned donor car was a 1981 Ital, engine is 1700cc O type, with twin SUs

Comment

Timing belt on e bay item 390067378752

Comment

You may want to check out item 370210827443 - not sure about this so I'd contact them first

Comment

Many thanks Alan. Belts alone seem relatively common, but I'll talk to the vendor of the kit tomorrow and check if it is the right one !
          Appreciate your help
          Regards DC

Comment

Welcome to the club Dave. Sorry I cant help with your car.
            Terry

Comment

Cheers Terry

Comment

Hi Dave

Peter isn't a member any more but I can send your details to him.

Welcome to the club!

Regards

Sue

Comment

Car was previously owned by a former member in Evesham, Worc's. Do you have his details ?
                  A Peter Davies also built a V8 Cabrio that now lives in Lancs and is painted in a similar sounding colour. Does that colour ring a bell with you Adrian ?

Comment

Alan ref ebay 370210827443, it's not the right one, but thanks anyway.
                    Seems that cam belts are easy, but so far unable to source a tensioner/full kit !

Ref previous owners, I'm in contact with P Davies (thanks Sue). PD sold the car to D E Yates, who sold it to Jim Sheward, who sold it to...............who I believe owned the car from approx 1996 to 2004, (4th owner)maybe living Evesham, is the person I should talk with about the paint job....it's now different from what PD initially put on the car. The car has an MOC 2002 sticker, so presume he was a member. PD has kindly sent some pics of the build so my file on the car is coming along nicely. Thanks to all for their help

Comment

I checked with my local factor today as I needed a tensioner for an O2 engine (Montego/Maestro). Dayco/Gates only list belts for the O Series Ital/Princess/SD1 and no longer list the kit containing the tensioner. Likewise Rimmer Bros only list the belt for the SD1 2000. However the belt itself is common across O & O2 engines...

You could try Parts for Older Cars...they can quite often turn stuff up you wouldn't expect.
                      http://www.carparts-direct.co.uk/Parts_for_Classic_and_Kit_Cars.cfm

Or maybe ask the Marina Owners Club...
                      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Tim - I sent you an email asking for former members details, must have crossed with your post here....yes please, and it is the same Peter Davies that built the Cabrio

Jez - your comments appreciated, I will try them. I am member of "Ecosse" Marina club, their advice is that the tensioners/kits are not available, check the pulley (and reuse it) as they have no experience of problems.

Regards DC

Comment

Re above post, Tim have you had a chance to look at former members details, I am presuming you received my e mail ?
                          Direct contact if you wish at : [email protected]

Further to above and timing chain kits it would appear certain that there is no-one producing them anymore, so unless you're lucky enough to trip over some NOS, it will be a belt change only.

Comment

Tim, have you received my emails ??

PS for "chain" in above post please read belt !

Comment

Working...
                            X