Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yahoooooo, no questions, I just wanted to tell someone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoooooo, no questions, I just wanted to tell someone.

Just insured the Roadster with Backford Bloor and got it MOT'd today. Passed but I can't get the tax on line as the insurance isn't in the database yet. Notched up 60 miles on the two trips to the MOT station - failed yesterday due to brakes and the hazards not working with the ignition off. Its just a coincidence that the MOT station is 15 miles away !!! Now to get the respray and seal all the panels - it was fun driving in the rain with it in one piece but no sealant between panels.

Re: Yahoooooo, no questions, I just wanted to tell someone.

fantastic, another one back on the road, congatulations look forward to seeing the finished result

Comment

Well done Trevor. I am still sitting on towels in the car after a soaking in the Lakes. The hood leaks and water comes in through the top of the doors!

Comment

Good stuff, Trevor!

MOT victories are sweet... I passed mine last week just days before leaving the country for a month. Cutting it a bit close, but hey - I took it in the first day I could to renew it for the next year.

BTW the solar eclipse was awesome here in Chongqing. Nice!

Comment

Sue, that sounds like me going to the MOT. All the panels are on but not sealed so they can come off for the respray. A heavy storm meant that water was coming in under the screen, round the doors, under the dash, wet...don't talk to me about wet. On the way back the hood was down and the sun was blazing.

Comment

this MOT lark must be catching just got ours through only advisory being 2 frayed strands on handbrake cable, car is MK1 roadster early one with no doors built in 1983

Comment

Working...
            X