Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IVA latest

Builders!
    I've received another newsletter from those nice people at VOSA. This summarises the changes from Standard SVA to Basic IVA, ie the tests applicable to our cars. If you would like a photocopy, send me an A5 sae, marked 'VOSA', so I know what you want.

You will still need to consult the IVA manual for the specific requirements, but this at least highlights those areas where a significant change has occurred. If you've been working towards SVA, this will save you going through the whole lot. Also, it mentions several areas where a dispensation has been granted to April 2010, so you can still build to SVA specification.

Address is 1, Norman Crescent, Bradford BD2 2LX. If I remember I'll also bring some copies to the Derbyshire do.
    Keep at it! Dave.

Re: IVA latest

Dave

Any chance you could scan and post on the MOC site?

Mike

Comment

Just been to an IVA test, read my report at http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2269
      Chris

Comment

Mike
        Sorry, can't scan!
        Dave

Comment

IVA re-test today. Most fails were relatively trivial so it passed!

I'd taken photos of the fail items so it was a matter of showing a photo, and saying, "look - fixed" except for the missing VIN plate!

The tester seemed more than happy to spend most of the time discussing the position of VIN numbers on production cars.

On the way home I got stopped by a Lady in Blue who ended up behind me at some temporary traffic lights. She got out and walked up and told me I didn't have a rear number plate. You should have seen her face when I told her it not only didn't have a rear one, but didn't have a front one, wasn't registered and didn't have a tax disc.

Still I showed her my insurance certificate, and my get out of jail free card, which is on the bottom of the VOSA appointment form that says you can drive an untaxed, unresistered vehicle to and from the IVA test. She then had to get onto the radio before letting me procede!

Next up - DVLA and attempt to get it registered.

I've booked my spray job, 23rd October. I'll take the car around to the sprayers workshop and remove all the panels etc. He thinks it would be easier and quicker if he does all the prep using his tools, so I will let him get on with it. Colour is going to be Rover metalic British Racing Green

Comment

Congratulations Chris,

Well done.
            Bet you can't wait to get it finished and on the road.
            Enjoy.

Regards Austin

Comment

Well done Chris. Look forward to seeing her on the road.

Comment

Working...
              X