Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster running hot

Hi All,

Having just inherited a stunning Roadster (marina 1.8 engine) from my father in law I notice it is running hot all the time (not just when stood in traffic). Having drained/cleaned/refilled the radiator to no avail, I am assuming that the radiator (out of a vauxhall viva) is not up to the job. Has anyone out there had a similar issue and if so how was it overcome? would it be worth me getting the rad recored with extra tubes or purchasing aa different rad?

Re: Marlin Roadster running hot

Andy. You have checked that the temp gauge/sender unit are ok.

Comment

Andy
      This should help as its not an unheard issue on roadsters Enter 'cooling' in the search facility and you'll get quite a few answers that may help.

Comment

Cheers for the reply's guys. I haven't checked the gauge or the sender unit but will do and post my findings!

Comment

You'll be VERY lucky if it's as simple as a gauge/sender. I had a re-cored/3 core rad with my B Series, decent fan, new water pump (tried everything) and still always ran hot.

I was hoping the Zetec might might run cooler but it was the same - finally got it cooler by fitting a Davies Craig electric water pump. (Also just blocked off the gap above the rad as Ben suggested).

Good luck

Comment

Andy, I have just replied to a similar problem. The manual says that you can use a Land Crab (Austin 1800) rad. these are normally like rocking horse poo but there is one on ebay iten number 200366551740 10hrs to go and no bids.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys - Unfortunately Ive been away for a week so missed the ebay radiator - I shall email the fellow to see if he still has it!

Comment

In response to Adrians poat staing that the Austin 1800 rad would fit, I have been led to beleive that the Austin 1800 shared an engine with the MGB. This being the case does anyone know if an MGB rad will fit? Also any reccomendations for an electric water pump supplier??

Comment

Working...
                X