The Sound of Silence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sound of Silence

Just returned from the MOT...thankfully a pass after nearly 2 yrs laid up for an engine transplant, but boy does the new lump (Rover T16) make a racket...all is tolerable at idle but open her up (big, BIG grin..and 4-pot brakes have just gone to the top of the Xmas list) and the noise is like the gates of hell being opened.

So any recommendations/suggestions as to what/where/who can supply a silencer that actually does a half decent job of silencing a modern 16v lump?

I'm thinking something from the LocostCaterField stable might be the way to go...

Oh, and driving an untaxed vehicle with an overly loud exhaust, an excessive idle speed (frequent dabs on the brake) and non-functioning speedo whilst being trailed by Plod through a 40 zone is an interesting experience...followed by a frantic 5 minutes with the lap top (whatever happened to screwdrivers & spanners?) before chucking the keys at the tester...thats progress I guess...
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: The Sound of Silence

Maybe this one?

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/7-stainless-steel-silencer-sil7-3775-p.asp
    Attached Files

Comment

COngratulations Jez! You should take her for a spin down my direction! :-)

Comment

Hi Jez, The 5EXI has a very simple system and works very well. The box would fit under the Roadster wing, I think?
        Regards
        Danny.

Comment

Working...
        X