Seat belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat belts

I have a early shortwheel base roadster without the correct seat belt fixings that go through the rear bulk head and fix to the chassis, I have anchor points right back at the fuel tank. I need to fit seat belts and wondered what other owners have done without using the seat belt bracket any pictures would be welcome.
    Thanks

Re: Seat belts

I started a thread some time back on this very subject.
    I have had some bits fabricated, but as yet I have not fited them as I want to weld some stiffening webs underneath and as I plan an axle swap am leaving it till then.
    Keeping it simple was the idea, a simple post running from under the cockpit rim, The lower part of the post acting as the support for the inertia reel, and the top of the post braced back to the original fixings.

I have a drawing that I think was posted on the forum that I used as a basis for my design.

If you come up with any other ideas I will be interested.

Comment

Found a copy of the drawing.
      http://www.marlinownersclub.com/showimage.php?id=7624&img=1

Hope the link works!

Comment

On my marina base roadster i have 3 point harness, they are fitted to eyebolts in tha back of the seatwell, and on top of the axel tunnel, but my MOT tester always tells me to take them off for the test as it is registered on an L (1973) the eye bolts have large spreader plates behind them.

Comment

Working...
        X