Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Radiator

Guys, if any of you are having problems with overheating there was and is a resolution, the Land Crab/ 1800 radiator. it works a treat. Big, three core and fits on the standard brackets. I got mine on Ebay for £23 + £11 paostage - Brand new. They do exist. Adrian

Comment

Steve
      Fair point and whilst I share some of your views unless people start making suggestions insularity will, of course, prevail. Anyway, I for one would be interested in a fuel tank as described...

Glad you found a Sprint axle...I too have just acquired one but am thinking about a 5-link setup instead of retaining the cart springs... But then again I might just drop it in and see...
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Ally radiators only last as long as the antifreeze. Get the antifreeze wrong and the rad can sludge up in as little as one hour of running. My Xantia had an ally rad but end reservoirs were mild steel and they rusted through.

As four 5 bar links they are supposed to be good, but need a top mount for the coil springs. There is a half way house as used by Fiat whereby the axle is mounted to the leaf spring using a pivot bush and the top of the axle is located by top links. The leaf spring effectively forms the bottom pair of a 5 bar link, whilst keeping the original mounts. a pair of mounts is needed for the top links though.

Comment

Landcrab radiators? not been one on Ebay for months, been keeping a watch.

Comment

Hi Don, Mine and another were on Ebay in past couple of weeks. I had to look under a number of names i.e Austin/wolsey 1800 as well as land crab. They don't all appear (unfortunately) under the single type. Adrian

Comment

I have just picked up a Maxi Radiator of ebay. I have a brand-new cortina one in at the moment but I think its from a 1600cc. THe maxi might be a better fit and will hold more water for my 2.0l engine. Anyone had any experience with these? Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X