Roadster at Ace Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster at Ace Cafe

I stopped off at the Ace Cafe today and saw a really nicely finished bright red Marlin Roadster

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2310

Nice eaxample all they way from Swansea, Wales.

...peter

Re: Roadster at Ace Cafe

Very nice Peter, did you get a chance to speak to the owner? It would like to know what colour (yes I know its red) it is painted. I like the idea of the screen frame in the same colour. Wouldn't mind doing the same to mine. Adrian

Comment

Nice find and all the cars looking good. Well done Swansea Historic for getting them together.

Comment

Adrian,
        I didn't get to speak to the owners but it was a very bright red, Sorry, can't help with any more details.
        Steve, it was only this car from Swansea. It was an open day for any kit car at the Ace Cafe which is on the A406, North Circular, London.

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/default.aspx

...peter

Comment

No worries Peter just thought I'd ask. Adrian

Comment

Hi Adrian,
            What a surprise to see my car on the forum. For your info, the colour is Audi Laser Red. It was a long round trip from Swansea and a little dissapointing not to see more kit cars there. I will have to try getting to some of the club meetings.
            Mike

Comment

Mike, Smashing colour. Thanks very much. I hope to see you at those club meetings.
              Adrian

Comment

Hi Mike,
                i hope you didn't mind me snapping your car a posting it on the internet. The car looked superb and I'm sorry we didn't get to chat. I expect you were inside savouring the delights of the Ace Cafe. It's a shame more cars don't turn up as its a great place to meet. I was in my ordinary car as I had a boot full of Ikea worktops which don't fit too well in my Sportster.
                cheers
                Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,
                  I don't mind at all, I very flattered by the attention. Nice pictures. Were you the guy with the long lens camera? If so, we were standing side by side a couple of times. It's a long way for us to get there, otherwise I would be tempted to go there every week!!
                  Regards,
                  Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,
                    no that wasn't me with the big camera. I've got an old silver coloured Fuji fixed lens camera, but it does take nice pictures. Glad you enjoyed the pictures and your trip to West London.
                    If you want a copy of the pictures you are welcome to download them from my Flickr website..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peters-bmwmarlin/

Maybe the close up of your headlights and grill would make a nice picture for the MOC calendar?
                    regards
                    Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,
                      Thanks for the offer. I will take you up on the offer and download the pictures so that I can print them. If you wish to enter the picture for the calender, that would be nice to see. As long as you take credit for the picture.
                      Regards,
                      Mike

Comment

Hi Peter. Would it be possible to use picture of front of roadster for calendar? If so could you send it to me via email Thanks Liz

Comment

Hi Liz,
                          yes, no problem, it's on its way,
                          regards
                          Peter

Comment

Working...
                          X