Marina Bottom hose and related stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Bottom hose and related stuff

Ok so I have a new radiator, or an old radiator with a new core. Very pretty it is to. Now I need some rocking horse poo and some chicken teeth. No? well how about a Marina bottom rad hose? Anyone know a source of one? IN my ignorance I thought an MGB one would be the same. It is not.

The other thing I did today was change the thermostat, like you do when you have everything in bits anyway. I had had great trouble getting the thing filled full of coolant and a nagging, memory told me that thermostats for A and B series engines used to have a hole in them. Sometimes there was a littl jiggle pin in the hole to keep it clear of debry.

Now the new one, and the one I took out, didn't have one. It soon did. Result filled with coolant in one go.

I suspect that continued overly hot running has done for this head, we shall see in Derbyshire won't we? However I have a grand total of two spare to go at if I have.

Re: Marina Bottom hose and related stuff

And I now need a new electric fan. must be less than 50mm thick. Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Don if a Marina 1.3 hose will fit try :
      http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=Morris+Ital+bottom+hose&_sacat=0&a mp;_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&LH_LocatedIn=3&amp ;_sop=1&_dmpt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_S M&_odkw=Morris+Ital%2FMarina+bottom+hose&_ osacat=0

Comment

Hi Don,

Speedy Spares are listing bottom hoses for 1.8TC (RH1049)and 1.3 (RH1041) @ £4.50 each.

Regards Austin

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X