Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA Eh?

Hi everyone,
    I have just received my renewal request for the AA. It includeded notification of a change to the Terms and Conditions. One such change alluded to DIY repars/maintenence and insinuated that a vehicle recovery could be refused if DIY servicing or modification was deemed to be a factor of the breakdown. I have asked their customer advice (sic) centre to clarify whether they could refuse to relay a kit car breakdown and the friendly Vogon guard just reiterated a few sentences from the terms and conditions. Has anyone experience good or bad of a breakdown, when on a journey, attended by the AA?
    There will be no point renewing my mebership if there is a good chance that they will not "relay" my car home despite the chunky memvership fee. Mt Berli has not stranded me yet but, like any other road vehicle, items can suddenly go twang!
    If I need to contact another company are there any recommendations?
    I have askd the friendly VG for clarification but I'm not holding my breath!
    Thanks all!
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Re: AA Eh?

Hi Dane
    I belong to the RAC and have no problems with breakdown recovery. Green Fag were ok when I belonged to them as well. Sorry can't comment on AA. Adrian

Comment

Hi Dane. I am with AA and so far have not had to use them. Someone has said that they will not relay kit cars and I was thinking of changing to RAC next year in case. I think you will get more comments on this subject. regards Liz

Comment

FWIW when I bought my Roadster in June I joined RAC. They know it's a kit car, so ( I guess!!) all should be OK if I break down

Comment

Been with Green Flag for years, recovery only, £30 a year neaver let me down, even recovered a dead horse trailor on one occation, and there is no limit on distance, I understand that AA will only tow 11 miles or to the nearest repairer!!! on the base policy

Comment

I've been with Britania Rescue for a number of years. Their standard cover is for a specific vehicle (any driver) but you can upgrade to have personal cover which will cover you (and spouse) for any vehicle that you are driving. I have needed to call them out a few times for various vehicles. They were happy to recover the Marlin on the one occasion this was necessary (broken rear wheel bearing). The delux menbership will give European cover on the listed vehicle.

Comment

I have received a reply from the AA. They have stated that my membership covers me for any vehicle less than 3.5 tonnes. They do not seem happy to mention the words "kit car" in answer to my question about "...evidence of DIY work...". However, as I have it in writing that "any vehicle" is covered, I feel OK to stay with them for now!
              Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
              X