Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new wipers

Hi Everyone,
    I'm sure one or too of you have at the very least thought about how to improve the wipers on your Berlinetta. I am going to change the dash board on mine and thought this a good time to have a go at changing the wipers at the same time, I'm thinking about making them work in a different way, I'd like them to wipe from the pillars in to the centre, parking next to the windscreen pillars. Has anyone done this or something like it.
    Terry

Re: new wipers

There was an article in Pitstop a year or two ago by long term MOC member Jeremy Carrington regarding an interesting modification to the wiper system: not as you describe, as I remember, but it seemed like a clever solution. Good Luck !

Comment

Hi Terry, During the recent rebuild of our Berli' we upgraded the wiper system using a Lucas motor with spiral drive rack. See Stafford Vehicle Components' excellent article on this subject and describes how to change angle of sweep/parking position and more. You will need wheelboxes with an extra LONG reach such as Land Rover Defender items - see current eBay items 170387188331 & 270452498769. Good luck!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Terry,
        Second picture to show wheelbox spindle and adaptor for Mini wiper arms.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Neville/Paul,
          I thought this might be the way to go, so I bought a complete set of an MGB GT. I was thinking about extending the wheel boxes, but if a Landrover ones will fit that will be better.
          Did you consider changing one wheel box over so that the wipers come together and park next to the pilers.
          Many Thanks
          Terry

Comment

Hi Neville/Paul
            Can you please contact me asap
            Thank you
            Tim Hawkesworth - Membership Secretary

Comment

Working...
            X