Roadster Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster Parts

Anyone intrested I have a spare Viva radiator and a Marina 1700/1800 rear axle. Both in good condition.I will give you guys a chance before I put on ebay in a few weeks time.

Re: Roadster Parts

yes Bob, I have a roadster with fiat engine - always in fear of busting it at one stage so would be happt to purchase the axle from you - how much please - Mike Lincoln-Smith - Suffolk

Comment

Mike
      email me on bobjackson1(at)sky.com with your contact details.

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I know buying and selling on here is 'frowned on' because not all mamebers get a chance to get online and see whats on offer, however, with the huge upsurge in ebay, wouldnt it now be a good time to review that policy? Most people will bang things on ebay rather than wait for the magazine to come out wont they?
        Or is this another can of worms?

Comment

Cameron
          Good piont but a very difficult subject and I do not intend to upset anyone in the club or the club rules on this.
          As I understand that some members do not have access to the internet,emails,ebay the forum and so on.
          I thought to offer the parts to the club members first so help anyone within the club before they got lost on ebay and maybe for a higher price !!!.
          The only thing by putting items in the Pitstop is it takes to long before all the members see the items and I and maybe other members want to move on or want there items quickly.
          If you go on some of the major stores webites you can only purchase some items via the internet and are not availabe in the same local stores so if Joe public has not got the internet access he will miss out the good deals.
          I am sorry to say but its the way of the world and we need to be all more efficient and responsive and try and keep going forward as we can all not sit and wait for others to catch up.

Comment

I do agree Bob; the reality is that members will use ebay and similar more and more often. What would be really useful would be to do some research on how many members do/dont have internet access. (Maybe its been done - but I bet its less and less each year who dont). My personal view, for what it's worth, is that this is one of the best clubs in the world and we need to embrace all the technology at our fingertips - after all - we can build cars!!! I suspect this may be one of those thorny issues that gets brought up over and over again :-)

Comment

hi all. just because our cars are replicas of the ninteen thirtys our lifestyles are not. technology moves on at an alarming pace i was allways anti computer until i bought one im no expert but buying and selling is so easy.so if i can keep up with the times so can the club .without the pc i would have missed some great bargains. this is my own personal opinion.thanks bob

Comment

I kept publically quiet on this one until there were enough comments for me not to appear to be the agitator on this subject.
                Bob; you have an email from me on this very subject, I hope we are in full agreement.
                Cameron; I already agree with, and that's the first time I have publically agreed totally with anyone else on this forum.
                Mr T; an excellently put point. It would be totally wrong of the MOC to dumb down the options provided via the interweb to account for those members who do not have computer access.

For those without computer access, the existance of a paper copy of Pitstop is their only link back to the club. For them there are no changes provided Pitstop still appears in paper form. I as a computer literate member enjoy Sue'e efforts and have contributed several times and relish the arrival of the new edition.

If those without computers require any parts, they still have the option of snail-mailing (a dodgy system given the current postal strikes) to Sue and having their requirements published in Pitstop, but if we all waited for Pitstop to publish a sought after part for sale, numerous cars would be scrapped.
                Even I have posted in the Wanted section of Pitstop as sought after parts have not appeared on Ebay.

We sould be allowed to publish both for sale and wanted items on the MOC forum specifically in specific Wanted and Classified Sections and access should not be restriced to time with Pitstop publication dates.

The only downside is that Sue will have to find more articles to publish in Pitstop to fill the potentially empty pages. So If you have something to say that may be of interest to other members please submit a copy for publication.

Perhaps others have a contrary opinion.

Comment

Its because the forum is very productive I have sold my axle to a MOC member and no need to put on ebay, so only the radiator left to go,
                  I also have a front light bar in black for a Roadster if any one intrested.

Comment

Personally I'd like to see a classified section on the site...which members can post direct to. I'd rather offer items to members first then eBay them if they fail to sell.

I suspect the number of members without access to the web is a steadily declining minority and to cater for them the mag could always contain a list of those items listed on the site at the time of publication, though it would be incumbent (and good manners) on the part of the seller to specify when/if the item sells or is no longer available.

So any offers on a redundant B Series (good runner, unleaded)...!!? Lots of other odds & sods as well...
                    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Cameron, you are correct. This subject has been discussed time and time again and will continue to be so discussed for a while longer.

There are many fair points raised above.

I shall say no more for fear of being accused of bias.

Comment

Working...
                      X