AVO dampers, front and rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVO dampers, front and rear

I'm fitting new dampers to my Marina based SWB Marlin - anyone fitted the AVO adjustable dampers. Would love to fit coil overs but lack of room prevents this - Model numbers would help and are they preferable to Spax? - Mike L-S

Re: AVO dampers, front and rear

Mike I have AVO dampers on my car at the front and they are very good. Also some time ago I once had some rear shocks with coil overs fitted but removed them to fit a pair of spax

Comment

I have Gaz adjustables at the front and they are much better than the Spax I had before...probably because they have poly bushes rather than rubber. Rears are Spax.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

thanks for your replys, what part no. are your AVO fronts Lee? and why did you replace the coil overs at the rear as this was a thought I had of doing - Mike

Comment

I bought a pair of AVO's for the front of my Berniletter. After a week or two I looked to find the thread had striped on one of them. AVO would not take them back untill I had taken the spring off, which is now not safe to do. Needless to say I do njot have a good word to say about AVO. Bob

Comment

Working...
          X