Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Which suspension

Hi,
    At the front I have the adjustable top wishbones sourced a few years ago at YKC. The camber is set nearly neutral with castor as per the book. Tracking max 4mm toe in.
    I look upon the Berli as a tourer rather than a racer but she doesn't hang about!
    New fairly standard front dampers from Kit-Fit as was the replacement standard rack. Superflex bushes all round including rack and tie bars.
    Springs were from Burton Power - the Cortina -2" type.
    At the rear is the Cortina 2.0l standard heavy Atlas axle with superflex bushes firmer dampers and the Burton Cortina rear springs. I kept the rear anti roll bar fitted too. I have not fitted the coil spring mounting rubbers at any position but other people have with no detriment to the ride.
    Tyres 205/65/15, Front 20psi, rear 22psi.
    Keep the engine and gearbox mounts in good condition. The Heavy cast iron items can cause vibration and lurching if not fully secured. I have moved the engine 12mm forward to give more bulkhead clearance and move the C of G ever so slightly forward.

Rides well without bounciness and does not roll much on bends but is noisy and hard over pot holes.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi
Working...
X