Marina/TR7 Diff replacement update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina/TR7 Diff replacement update

Hi one and all. I've finally got the axle in Dixie rebuilt, although I'm currently waiting for replacement wheel cylinders after snapping the bleed nipple in one of the originals. Its taken a while on rebuild because I've been dealing with recent news that I will loose my job at Christmas. I rang Rimmers today to see if they had assessed my old Marina unit, I was told that I will recieve the whole of my surcharge, nothing else was said. Rimmers Part number for the Recon TR7 unit is TK2619R, the price for the unit is £240.49p plus vat, and plus £50 surcharge. Obviously I can't road test Dixie but I have tested the diff with engine running, in gear whilst on axle stands. Admittedly the unit wasn't under any load but it ran smoothly and quiet, I very much dought I will have any problems when I eventually get Dixie back on the road.

Re: Marina/TR7 Diff replacement update

Well done Dave. Pleased the install went well and that rimmers are returning the full surcharge.
    I doubt very much if you will come accross any problems.
    Perhaps Rimmers will sound a little more posotive to any who follow your lead.
    As before if you have any pictures that may help I would be happy to post them up.

Sorry to hear about your employment, especially at Christmas. Good luck!

Comment

Re: Marina/TR7 Diff replacement update

Hi Dave, really pleased you have got your car going again I am sure there are members who would love to read about your diff and it may help other memebers in the club. perhaps a article it pitstop would be great.
      Again sorry to hear about your job.

Comment

Working...
      X