Rear Suspension upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Suspension upgrade

Hi does anyone now of any upgrade for my Marlin rear supension, change dounuts to CV and leaf to spring. I have a Viteese based car, Cheers Gerry

Re: Rear Suspension upgrade

Dear Gerry

Canley Classic produce an upgrade for the Vitesse/GT6 to replace the douugnuts with CV joints. They retain the leaf spring. See their website (http://www.canleyclassics.com/products.asp?article=index_new.xml). It's under product update / new products.

Comment

Thanks Nick I have seen this but it a bit expensive, looking for a lower cost option. Gerry

Comment

Hi Gerry, The other alternative would be to use the very late GT6/ Spitfire system that does away with the donut and lower wishbone. It uses a swing spring and drive shafts that are 1 inch longer. I think your best off with your present system as if you rebuild the shafts with new donuts they should last quite some time.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Gerry I wonder why you want to get rid of the rotaflex couplings and go for U/J joints, I though of doing just that, but having spoken to a guy that did it using 2000/2500 shafts and hubs, re reverted to the old rotaflex set up as he found that the rotaflex coupling stopped him breaking quarter shafts, when doing full bore starts.(hillclimbing) The rotaflex coupling acting as a shock absorber.

Comment

Working...
          X