Radiator Hose ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Hose ??

Having more trouble confirming which hoses I should be buying to replace the old ones. The old build instructions say a Vitesse or Herald Top Hose (shortened) and a Vitesse bottom hose. Both on a 105E Anglia Radiator - which it is. I have checked them against my 13/60 Herald but not a good match. Any idea's please ??? back end back together, front end getting close !!
    Gregg
    Attached Files

Re: Radiator Hose ??

Make a shape sketch with dimensions and diameters and visit your friendly motor factors.(not Halfords, their a w.o.t.) You can then go through their books of hoses and select the nearest. You may have to cut and fit a sleeve to get the bends going in the right direction but It's never failed me yet. Remember to keep a note of the make and numbers for future ref. I've also found newer makes tend to be of better quality than some of the old ones.
    Good hunting.

Comment

Thanks Hugh, doing that. Got lots of photo's of "nearly the right size". Just seems a shame to buy one and then butcher it up.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gregg, Even the patent part hoses that come from Triumph factors need shortening.Make sure you flush that rad as it has to work hard with a six in the car.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Ben, yes that interested me as I did my apprentiship partly on Triumphs, Herald etc and they always ran hot. My 13/60 is fitted with the spitfire rad to increase size and lt it run at a better temp. Works just fine; so the small 105 radiator was a suprise to me. An interesting point as the heaters were always so crap, they m,ake a bertter one now with a biger matrix for the 'more senior' generation.
          No dought I'll find out where they origonaly came from in the end. Not exactly needed just yet but soon I expect.

Comment

Working...
          X