Steering wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheels

I often see comments on steerring wheels, I hated the postion of the wheel on the first Marina based roadster I built, and set about changing the angle from straight to angled at about 45 degrees. From then on I have angled the wheel.The BMW engined roadster I built had a 17" Brookland wheel that sat in my lap (the car was built just for me to drive) To get in the car I just removed the wheel, then in two ticks I replaced it.
    I am doing the same to the latest roadster I am building but in this case the wheel is a 14" wheel. How do I do it?
    Well a Triumph 2000/2.5 upper steering column is the secret plus a quick action steering wheel kit from "Rally Design" It is a great theft deterrent as you can take your steering wheel with you and with the Triumph column you can also set the angle to suit your mood. If you buy a couple of kits you can swop wheel sizes to suit the driver.
    SIMPLES!

Len.

Re: Steering wheels

I agree, the upright position looks like something from a motor boat on a seaside boating lake. Would like more detail on how to do the mod.
    Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Re: Steering wheels

Sounds like a classic article for Pitstop to me.

Comment

Working...
      X