clutch pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch pedal

during the process of fitting the fiat engine and box to my roadster,i need to convert the pedal to take the clutch cable,i have heard it mentioned on this site that there was originally some modification brackets? etc to make this task easier,does anyone have any details of what these mods were?also assuming that it takes a certain amount of effort to move the clutch release a certain distance,the pedal pressure is likely to be the same with either cable or hydraulics ?

Re: clutch pedal

Hi Robert, Somewhere in my lock up with all the Berlinetta parts that I have is the brackets and the gearbox mounting bracket as supplied by Marlin for this convertion. I will have a look boxingday and let you know if I find them, or not as the case may be.
    Best Wishes for Xmas and the New year.
    Danny.

Comment

Hi Robert, presume the conversion going well ahead ?

Off topic, but still waiting to hear from you about your "old" engine - w'ere away over Xmas, but will pick up emails on return

dcunn(at)btinternet.com

Tel 01427 678084

Cheers DC

Comment

danny thanks for that, it would be a great help if you were able to locate them.

Comment

Robert, will try to take a couple of photos in the next day or so - It's a plate and tube welded together, I bought a kit from YKC about 10 years ago when I changed my engine to a Fiat 2l - you will also have to alter the throttle cable to work the carb - regards Mike L-S

Comment

Robert.

When you get the kit to support the cable in the bulkhead you will need to drill a hole in the bulkhead opposite or in line with the clutch peddle so you can position and fit the cable support kit.
            You will need to get a small type clevis and position and weld it to the top of the clutch peddle, so the top of the clevis hole for holding the cable end is inline with the drilled hole in the bulkhead. If the kit you get has a tube and a fixing plate and they are not welded together then fix you cable to the clutch peddle and the clutch operating fork first via the tube and fixing plate then position the fixing kit and you can adjust the tube within the plate so you can take up any cable slack before welding the tube to the fixing plate.It will hopefully make sense when you get the kit

Comment

Robert, hope the following photos will help. Best to make up an adjustable tube as shown. The clevis for the inner cable is not difficult but angles need to be correct to give you the movement you need - regards Mike L-S
              Attached Files

Comment

the pics above look just like mine, (2.0L pinto and type 9 box) but i think the pedel extension is shorter than mine, and my clutch is VERY heavy. in fact it is one of this years projects to get it light enough for the good lady to drive be carfull how long that extension is!

Comment

mike thanks for your info and pictures, i think i can see how it goes although your pedal box looks slightly different to mine,am i right in thinking that the dimension of the clevis pin to the centre of the clutch pedal operating shaft is about 50mm, and as a matter of interest is your clutch pedal heavy ish or very heavy,
                  regards Rob Lake

Comment

Hi Robert, It took a lot longer than I thought, but I have found the package. I have the clutch cable bracket, and the new crossmember to suit the Fiat gearbox, also fitting diagram all as supplied as a kit by Marlin for the Fiat engine conversion. Give me a ring or email.
                    Regards
                    Danny.

Comment

danny thanks for searching these items out, my email address is Roblake911(at)hotmail.com
                      look forward to hearing from you
                      Rob

Comment

I don't know if you have already done it but if you haven't I would consider putting some sort of inspection plate in the bukhead now so that that day in the future when one of the cables fails you can get at it with ease. Once it is all built up you need to be a 3' contortionist to carry out repairs under the dash

Comment

Working...
                        X