Motorbike hands free intercom set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorbike hands free intercom set

I've always wondered if these would be any good to allow conversation at speeds over 50 with the top down but have never dabbled because of the price. Well LIDL have them on sale for under £8 so I thought I would take a punt. It can also take a feed from a mobile pone or an MP3 player. My car is trapped in the garage at the moment while my drive is being done but I hope to get it back out next week. Apart from the possible legality of using them has anyone had any problems? There is always the other side of the coin and that is you might not want to talk to passengers but I can't really believe that.

Re: Motorbike hands free intercom set

I have though of trying this too. One snag may be that as we do not wear full face helmets, the wind ( and in my case - the side exhaust) noise may drown out chatter. Do the kits have DNL?
    Let us know how you get on.
    Good luck,
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Re: Motorbike hands free intercom set

I use Sonic kit built into crash helmets as the noise from side exhausts in my open Sportster makes some form of speach amp essential. I have seen may drivers with headphone type ear defenders using comms fitted and these would at least negate the need for helmets. I have not seen these particular LIDL units but presume they are switched on rather than voice operated. If simple switch on type , be sure to have the on/off switch, or volume switch handy as the permanent heavy breathing of the passenger is not as endearing as you might think!! Frankly at this price you have very little to use and much more to gain.

Cheers

Pete C

Comment

Working...
      X