Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Chip on my Cabrio

Hi,
    1st day out in my Cabrio after the snow cleared and got a whacking stone chip right in the middle of the MOT fail zone (which is due is just 6 weeks)
    Can anyone suggest where I might go to get replacement glass?
    I guess Marlin themselves, but as I didnt build the car, I dont' know if the glass is supplied with the kit or the builder sources it separately

Re: Windshield Chip on my Cabrio

Hi Nigel
    You are best phoning round the local car glass people, explaining what you want. It should be possible to get someone to come out and do it at home, as all that you need is flat laminated glass, which they should be able to cut on site. The big boys might make a lame excuse that they don't have a pattern for the Cabrio, so try one of the small operators. You may have to remove the capping but they should be able to remove and fit the glass. At least it's not the side glass, which has to be cut and smoothed before it is toughened, a much longer process!
    Cheers - Dave

Comment

Nigel
      I have a brand new screen that you are welcome to take a template from.I am currently looking for a Cabrio/hunter having sold mine last year so do not wish to sell the one I have.I can be reached on 01332 753000 if thats of any help.

Comment

Hi Nigel,
        Sorry to learn of your screen incident - Just a thought but is it possible to have it filled ?
        Another thought - have you considered joining Marlin Owners Club ? £15-00 subscription is not a lot and the discount given by your insurers could recoup this money !!

Comment

Hi Tim,
          Thanks Tim, but I already checked out getting it repaired - it's a big chip > 2cm and Autoglass say it's too big to fill with resin and will be an MOT fail

Comment

Hi Alan, Thats very helpful thanks - I might just take you up on that offer...

Comment

Hi Nigel
              I had my windscreen replaced twice in 2001 by Auto Windscreens, their part number and description according to both invoices is 9859LGR Marlin Car Cabrio 1 Green Screen Lam Flat T90. There is also a number in brackets which may be of help as well (9859AGN).
              Supplied and fitted for 50 Pounds, at the time Marlin wanted 80 just for a screen.
              Hope this helps.

Steve B

Comment

Working...
              X