Rebuild te dash and loom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild te dash and loom

I have just spent too many cold days in the garage and kitchen redesigning the dash and the loom. Quite fun except for getting cold, the other use of the kitchen table is an excellent result for wireing, even if the soldering iron sets off the fire allarm every 2 minits !!
    Attached Files

Re: Rebuild te dash and loom

Nice dash, but how low is that steering?

Comment

The column is that low on a Triumph car. The limiting factor being that the shaft whistles past the rear carb on a 6 cyl,unless you build another u/j and support into the column.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts, I tried to make it higher but you do have to rebuild the support for the column in the dash area and put a u/j in the shaft. Think I'll leave it as it is. I am needing help with the dash pocket.
        I have the origonal pocket and cover for the vitesse in the old dash but might like to have an open one for the new one, which will be in black with all chrome dials/switches. where can I buy such an insert from ??. Just a simple pocket insert, plastic mouled ??

Comment

You could use a biscuit tin, sandwich box or ice cream carton sprayed black or make one out of GRP lay up. I use a glove box with a door but the bottom and side are just a piece of alloy cut to fill the gap between dash and bulkhead and screwed to the back of the dash.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
          X