replacing wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing wheels

Hi guys has anyone fitted a set of MGF wheels to a Marina base Roadster, if so how much do they need spacing out? and which wheel nuts did you use?

Re: replacing wheels

I dont know what size spacers to use as there are different wheel sizes 15"16" and they have different offsets.
    Also make sure you get the correct pcd sizes as there are different ones as I once looked in to this some time back but not having a wheel to hand to check against the car I gave up.

Comment

Yes i checked the PCD, the MGF has 3 3/4 inch pcd so that matches, but it used a larger wheel nut (12mm thread) and i belive the ofset is somewhere between 30 and 35 mm, so i am trying to find out where to get the relevent bits

Comment

Try MWS Midland wheel supplies they have a website and contact details and they are very helpfull.

Comment

Hi Merv. Also check the angle of the seat faces of the wheels / nuts and the correct torque figures as they often differ between alloy and steel. Peter.

Comment

Morris Marina club......
            http://www.fastmarinamagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3092
            Under technical section if the link does not work.
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

The Marina wheel offset is 13mm, so ideally you are going to need spacers on the front of around 17-22mm dependant on which MGF wheels you go for. You may get away with no spacers at the rear, but at the front you'll find that the inside of the wheel will most likely clash with the steering ball joints, so a spacer will be needed.

I have a drawing for a Marina front hub spacer if you let me know your email, which you can then have made up to suit your thickness needs.

As to wheel nuts/bolts you can buy 12M 1.5 wheel studs and then use the MGF wheel nuts, that way you ensure that the seating is correct, obviously add the thickness of the spacer to the length of the bolts.

Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry,

Should have said where to get the extended wheel studs from Grayston Engineering do two options;

12M 1.5 FORD
                1. Standard plus 13mm 47mm long 13.1mm spline diameter Part No SS36
                2. Standard plus 25mm 63mm long 13.1mm spline diameter Part No SS37

The 13.1mm spline diameter is the same as Marina.

Grayston Engineering do not sell to the public, but your local Motor Factor or Ebay or shop on the net will recognise these part numbers.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X