Seat Belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Belts

I still have static belts fitted...I've long meant to do something about it but haven't beyond fitting some YKC towers and then never getting the inertia belts to go on them...the arrangement seemed a bit cumbersome and the towers affected access to the capacious Roadster boot..!

The towers have since been recycled...so whilst idly looking at the Holden website I noticed something that seems to strikes a good balance between a go-faster 3-point harness (safe, but still static) and an inertia belt which could mount without towers (maybe using one of the shock mount bolts)...and wondered if anyone out there had either tried this type of belt or had any other cunning alternatives.

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=2&pgCode=045&sgName=Hardware &pgName=Seats+%26+Seat+Belts&agCode=1162&agName=Se at+Belts&pCode=092.600
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: Seat Belts

Hi Jez, If you are fitting a roll bar then you could do lots of different fixings for belts. Early Roadsters had a bar under the top edge of the back body, this made a good mounting point.

Comment

In the past I fitted some inertia belts intended for rear seats in a normal car. The type I used did not have a bracket for the belt to pass throught, they would have been mounted directly on the rear parcel shelf. I attached the reel to the chassis in the boot area. Can't remember if I drilled through the chassis member that supports the shocks or through a triangular strengthing plate above the axle. I think the belts were made by Securon. Sorry no pictures as I sold the car 10 years ago

I found these much easier to use than the full harness that ther previous owner fitted.

Comment

Jez,
        One option which is the one I will be opting for is
        http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=2&pgCode=045&sgName=Hardware &pgName=Seats+%26+Seat+Belts&agCode=1162&agName=Se at+Belts&pCode=090.443
        This is the style that is used in the MGBGT. As it is angle adjustable you can attach the inertia reel directly to the original rear anchor plate in the roadster boot area. This will give inertia reel ease of use without the annoying towers.
        Although the inertia reel harness looks like it should be easy to use it still has all the downsides of a static harness which is basically getting your arms in through the top belts with the restricted space in roadster cabin.
        The belt I have pointed you to is made by Securon and you can find it much cheaper than Holden sell it for.
        There are also many options for the buckle length and type Check out the Securon website......
        http://www.securon.co.uk/seatbelts_layouts.htm
        Hope this helps

Jon
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread , has anyone pursued this idea

Comment

Working...
          X