Roll Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Bars

As my youthful disregard for personal safety is rapidly diminishing and the Roadster power output is now considerably beyond a stock B-series I've been thinking about fitting a roll-over bar at the rear. Ideally I'd like this to double as the hood rail...I've seen 1 or 2 cars with bars fitted so...

...does anyone out there have some pictures or plans they'd be happy to share, or could point me in the direction of a supplier. Other than that it's me, Mr Mig and a hired pipe bender...

Any contributions gratefully received.

Jez
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: Roll Bars

Merlin Motorsport at Castle Coombe will make up a roll bar to your specifications.

Don't know about plans for a roadster though, but I'm planning to get them to make one up fro my Cabrio

Comment

Hi Guys,
      Don't muck about with this stuff. Go to the Pro's. CAGED in Frome, Somerset are one of the best. Phil Squance, the MD, is a good friend of mine of school days and his work is tops. He supplies Caterham with all their roll cages including the FIA stuff for the Caterham challenge. He supplies Westfield with theirs, Marlin 5exi cage, Lotus Cars, Murtuya......the list goes on. Tell him I sent you and he might treat you kindly!!
      http://www.therollcagepeople.com/
      He is also famous for the Caterham Chassis designs, fabulous new chassis for the ToniqR and lots of others which I am not allowed to mention....

Jon
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Thanks Jon..recomendations are always best...and I see Marlin are listed as a customer..! Double discounts maybe...or not as the case may be. Could be a nice drive out when the weather warms a little.
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Jez,
          Let me know what you want to do. I live in Bath and have a spare SWB chassis and body panels. I could get Phil to check out the options. I have thought about it in the past but every example I have seen seems to always involve body mods / cutouts and then hood mods.
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Jon
            I'm also keen to avoid chopping things about too much...so a basic set of goals is for it to function as part of the hood rail; not require any molestation of the rear tub; not adversly impact removal of the rear bulkhead.

I'm only thinking of a basic roll-over bar, rather than a full race-spec cage but I'd like to think for a nicely engineered solution there might be a small market...

If you fancy sharing few ideas please drop me your email and I'll expand on my initial thoughts.

jezcox<at>tesco.net

Comment

Cabrio with roll over hoops fitted
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X