rover LT77 gearbox.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rover LT77 gearbox.

If anybody out there has fitted a V8, do 'they' know if a short version of the gear change linkage is available. I'm fitting one in a YKC Julietta and at the moment the gear stick is almost behind the seat!!! I mean attempting to fit!

Re: rover LT77 gearbox.

Hi Brian - so its going well then? :-)
    When I had the lt77 in my romero it popped up almost exactly in line with the hole in the transmission tunnel. Is the box too far back do you think? Do you have a piccy of it (underneath would be helpful)
    cameron

Comment

Hello Cameron. Haven't forgotten your requests.V8 Developments have come up with a shortened mechanism and with a short nosed water pump and pulley system. Couldn't go further forward as water pump hit radiator! So problem solved but another chunk out of the bank balance. Thanx for your reply.

Comment

Hi Brian, I think the TR7 gear linkage is shorter than the standard SD1 but not absolutely sure. Alternatively you could shorten the existing linkage. I had the same problem when I fitted an SD1 gearbox in my NG TF.

Comment

Both the TVR range and the Leyland/LDV Sherpa also used the LT77 box. Both of these used a shorter linkage, do you have a commercial breaker nearby?

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X