Spax shocks settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spax shocks settings

just fitted adjustable Spax both front and back on my Marina based SWB Marlin - Any advice as to what to set these at to start with and your experience with them please - Mike L-S

Re: Spax shocks settings

Hi Mike. I have set up GAZ adjustables all round on my Hunter as reccommended by Mark at Marlin. Basically set them all as soft as possible and road test. Gradually increase the damping setting until any tendency to "bounce" is eliminated. You then have the optimum damping for your vehicle without excessive hardness of ride. For track use you may want to increase the damping by 1 or 2 clicks all round. Don't forget that even with a so-called matched pair of shocks the click adjust is just that, an adjustment! It is not a calibration, so you may need a slightly different number of clicks on the left to that on the right. Peter.

Comment

As Peter has said and difficult to offer more info than it depends very much on the profile and pressures used in your tyres. Its suck it and see. You may even find yourself with an difference nearside to offside if you normally drive alone.

Comment

Fitted a full set to my Herald 13/60 last year. Much better ride alltogether, I started at the half way point on the clicks, and then went for a run over a known piece of road. One that might have been bumpy before. Adjustment is tighten 2 clicks to feel a difference towards a firmer ride, or back 1 click to soften the ride. All the way to the top makes it feel like a GoKart. Fun, but you will need a new set of eye balls. It takes time so don't be in a rush. remember all 4 might end up with a different setting to get the ballance right for you. I can now go over the road humps without loosing my teeth now, and corner with attitude !!. Have fun. Gregg.

Comment

Working...
        X