Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roadster Front Inicator Lamp Required... any ideas on where I can buy one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster Front Inicator Lamp Required... any ideas on where I can buy one?

Hi Guys

I need your help in finding a Chrome front indicator lamp for the Marlin Roadster.... This is all new to me, so can you advise on part numbers etc and the best place to buy them?

Thanks in advance of your help

Diana

Re: Roadster Front Inicator Lamp Required... any ideas on where I can buy one?

Difficult to say as different ones have been fitted by different builders.
    If you can, post a picture of the other one, and we will have a chance to match it.

If I remember correctly the standard fitment was a torpedo style and should be able to be found at http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/lights_side.html
    Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.... I'll get a pic up asap.

Diana

Comment

You could go to any motor bike breakers, if they don't have one the same as yours, you could buy a pair similar and use them.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.... I did think of that but want to keep the car as original as his Dad built it, if that makes sense! We're very sentimentsl about her!

Pic attached!
          Attached Files

Comment

I read side light not indicator, Oops
            Your pic is a bit small, part of the problems on the forum restricting image size to 200K.
            They look like round lights to me, the same hyperlink page shows some.
            You might have some luck at a Motor Factors like Lucas if you have a local one if you take the existing one off as a pattern. Some trailer/caravan parts may be the same.
            There must be several around Slough.

Comment

Hi diana,
              Try ebay as you can get a good picture of them before you buy them, usually they are no more than £30 a pair for good ones.
              Why don't you join the marlin owners club for only £15 a year you get 6 magazines and a wealth of knowledge on all things marlin who are only happy to help. With anything. My number is 07720398794 if I can be of help.

Comment

Hi Diane,
                I used Suzuki motorcycle chrome indicators on stalks during my build (Picture attached)
                They are marked on the lense (Made in Japan & Suzuki)
                Check the lenses on your car to see if they are marked.

Regards Austin
                Attached Files

Comment

Mine look just like yours, and are from a 1970's honda (all models from about 125-750 had the same) so i would try ebay or a local motorcycle breaker, best of luck, and join MOC we are a friendly lot

Comment

Thanks guys you are stars.... really appreciate your help!

Diana

Comment

Hi Diana,
                      Ref your front indicators. As motorcycle units, and similar to ones on my car. You could try M&P Direct at www.MandP.com or 0845 815 6571 for a catalogue,they supply lots of different lights and are a good source of different types for our cars

Comment

The original indicators supplied by Marlin were from a Yamaha DT/XT Bike. These can be purchased for the small sum of around £10 each from Yambits off Ebay. If you want to make it look a bit flashier (sorry about the pun) i.e chrome effect, you could buy the FS1E at the same price

Comment

Working...
                        X