Registering a Roadster in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering a Roadster in France

Can anyone help me obtaining an EC Cert of Conformity for my Roadster ? I understand this is required to register the car in France. Marlin Cars has suggested i ask here ! I would really appreciate your help in any way

Re: Registering a Roadster in France

Brian,
    what type of roadster have you got ? is it on a q plate or non q plate ?

Comment

Brian,
      Have you considered joining M.O.C.
      There are many advantages

Comment

Hi Brian, As the Marlin Roadster was a kit car package with various donor parts its not possible to obtain a conformity certificate. In the past one or two cars have managed to gain an attestation for a carte gris for a vehicule de collection. Probably because the car was still on its old donor V5. You could try contacting the FFVE (Federation Francais des Vehicules d'Epoque)This would allow limited use within your department and needs a special permit for trips outside that area. Sadly I think you will find these rules all changed last year.
        The other point to watch for with any car you take is you will require an export certificate from UK.
        Try tracking down a local classic car club to where you move to. Find out what the mayor likes to drink!!
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi everybody. I had similar troubles few years ago registering my Marlin Roadster in Croatia. After wandering through several offices which offered no answer, I was advised by Head of Traffic Security Department of Croatian Ministry of Traffic to simply write a request to apply for registration without Cert of Conformity (homologation). It worked! The fact that it was the first Marlin to be registered in Croatia helped.
          As Croatia is not in EU, my experience may not apply to the said case in France, but, then again, it may.

Comment

Hi Tomislav. Please could you send me some photos of your car, for me to add to my collection of Marlin pics and literature. My email is dcunn(at)btinternet.com.
            Many thanks Dave Cunnington

Comment

Hi
              I have the same problem than Brian, I try to buy a Marlin roadster from england,and I can't register her in France because they ask me the approval certificate european.
              The FFVE don't want register this car because it's a kit car.
              someone can help me to find a Marlin roadster with a registration in France (even with a bit of work).
              Regards

Comment

Working...
              X