Basic Individual Vehicle Assessment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Individual Vehicle Assessment?

Article in todays Daily Telegraph Motoring. 'Be aware of a new and potentially ugly DVLA-inspired phenomenon called BIVA which allows government agencies to call in and "assess" modified classics - at a cost of £450!' Nice!

Re: Basic Individual Vehicle Assessment?

Hi Liz,
    Fortunately this doesn't apply to me (Sweden) but being curious I found this interesting information about BIVA on the web:
    http://www.the-ace.org.uk/proposed-new-biva-scheme.html

Comment

Hi Liz,
      I have also been reading up on this scheme. It appears that if your car is picked on, and even if it passes the test. The car will be issued with a 'Q' registration. This could affect any cars that have age related numbers, and especially any cars which qualify for 'Historic Vehicle' free road tax. The car would lose it's tax free status and have to pay for road tax!! And that is IF it passes the test!
      Another scheme by our crooked government to clawback taxes more like it.

Comment

What happens when they are already on a 'Q'?
        Also saw that a council is going to charge more for parking cars older than 2001. I feel there is an anti- age thing starting.

Comment

I don¨t want to hear that! I have just retired!!

Comment

If they do that to mine then keep an eye on ebay for Marlin / Triumph spares

Comment

OK so cutting a monocoque and shutting is potentially dangerous if not done correctly, but a gearbox upgrade, no way! Who dreams up these rules?
              Another link with comments at

http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&mode=thread&access=&subject=76& source=T&thread=201002221048559404

Peter

Comment

Working...
              X