rover V8 3.9 EFI Relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rover V8 3.9 EFI Relays

am in the process of installing a Rover 3.9 EFI in my Marlin short wheel base roadster, I have reached the stage where I am installing the wiring loom which came less the relays. I need to fit the main relay and the fuel pump relay, both of which apparently have to be made by Bosch? Is there anyone who can help me in identifying the correct relay numbers.
    The injection system is the 14CUx
    Dic Price

Re: rover V8 3.9 EFI Relays

Hi Dic. If you have the 14CUX system sounds like you have the same engine as mine. Without any wiring data supplied with the car (I am 3rd user) I wouldn't know which relays are which as there are so many. However the engine was fitted to the Land Rover Discovery approx 1989 to 1998 so you may like to start by asking for part numbers and price (it will be silly money usually) in the spares dept at a L/R dealer. Once you know that, have a poke around the breakers for the relays. If you look on the last page of the L/R Disco Haynes manual you can identify the wiring colours that go to each relay. This will enable you to locate the correct relay on a scrap vehicle. Alternatively try a local private L/R supplier. Check out my articles in Pitstop and on the forum about rich running. I needed an Optimax chip from RPI (plugs straight in to a 14CUX) and Lambda sensors to sort my engine out. The original L/R chip and no Lambdas was useless for such a light car as ours. For more info on this visit the RPI website at :-
    http://www.v8engines.com/

Peter.

Comment

Working...
    X