Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where abouts of Q474 AVO

Hi does anyone know if my old Berlinetta Q474 AVO
    is still on the road ? I would love to have one again , a very well make kit and great fun too !
    I built a few cars when I was younger and she was the best by miles ,I hope someone is still enjoying her !
    Cheers John..
    Attached Files

Re: Where abouts of Q474 AVO

Hi John

Sadly we don't have this car on our owners database so it could be anywhere! there are always others up for sale though... ;-)

Comment

John. Going by the DVLA website the car is reg on 1/12/1986 its a 2lt petrol and the car is green and currently on sorn, so its still around.

Comment

Hi , thanks for that , I didn't know you could look a reg up on the DVLA web site ! I can't believe it was that long ago when I built her . Shame she has been painted green , a colour I hate ! I loved the black and red , and I think I did a good job of the painting too.
        Anyway off to have a look at the Dvla site see if I can find any of my other old kits.
        Cheers John..

Comment

Hello John,
          There is a record of this car when it was black/red, with a 2.1 engine and owned by a member in the past - I will try and make contact with that person and get back to you. Please send me your e mail address. My details on website.

Comment

Message originally posted by: danny nelson (Berlinetta tech rep)
            Hi John,
            I have some history of the car that you built. You sold to Edward Kennedy. He kept the car a short time and sold at Stoneleigh to a gentleman. This owner put a mini van roof vent in the hard top (for his dog) and also a sink waste!! in each running board to help remove water. The car was fitted with multiple light bars, and spot lights, And used on a daily basis. When this owner became ill he gave the car to his nephew as an 18th birthday present. The car was eventually found by myself in a garage req work. I brought the car back to a good mechanical condition, but attention was needed to a door and a wing and a respray. I kept the car for 12 months and then let a member of the Marches kitcar club have it. He replaced a door and wing and had the car sprayed green. The colour was chosen because his brother had 15 ltr of the paint. This owner also fitted alloy panels to fill the gap to the front of the front wings. He in turn kept the car for approx 2 years. He put the car up for sale at Stoneleigh and it was bought by Hallmark Kitcars, they had the car a long time before finding a buyer, and I lost track of it then. I have all the names of the above owners, but I have not listed here. This was a good car that was well built, had a lot of use as a daily driver, and was then brought back to a good standard. Should you wish to make contact then my details are on the website.
            Kind regards
            Danny.

Comment

Danny ,thanks for all that info. It seems she has been through a few hands over the years ! Roof vent in the hard top ,some people !! I used her every day as my one and only car ,having the hood down as much as pos.I used lots of stainless steel nuts and bolts and I even made the bumpers and headlight bar myself out of stainless as marlins chrome didn`t last long . I made a box to go between the petrol tank and back rail that was very useful for a few tools and jack. I think I made a panhard rod too can`t quite remember ! She must have been a very nice 18th birthday present, wish I had been that lucky when i was 18 ! Anyway thanks again for taking the time with such a full answer ,maybe one day I will have another Marlin ..

Cheers John.

Comment

There are two on Ebay at the moment. See post by John Slade - 8th April

Comment

Working...
                X