hood /door glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hood /door glass

Having a few isues with door glass being too high/or frame too low. Door glass is sitting against the hood material from roughly half way back to rear of glass and not against seal on side channel.Glass protrusion is around 19mm at front pillar and bottom of glass parallel to top of door as in manual. Top of door glass to top of door at rear edge approx 350mm. Slotting the various attachment points at the hinges as suggested in the manual is unlikely to 'lift' the side channel sufficantly for the glass to mate with the seal position. Any ideas please! as I note that another member [Jonathan Marks] had similair problems on building his cabrio -was a solution arrived at?
    Car is Lwb if that has any bearing on measurements and was assembled by previous owner.

Re: hood /door glass

Hi Alan. My Hunter is a LWB version and as factory built could be a useful source of measurements as it all "fits". The top of my window glass is not one straight line. At a point 400mm from the windscreen end it starts to drop by a total of 15mm at the rear edge where it meets the vertical hood frame. There is evidence of hand finishing on the top edge of the glass to achieve this. If your glass is straight along the top it would maybe account for your problem. Let me know if you need any other measurements or I can send you a photo with the window fully up and the hood up and down if that helps. Peter.

Comment

Re: hood /door glass

My cabrio glass is the same shape as Peter's. It came like that direct from the factory

Comment

Working...
      X