Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spax shocks and suspension noise

Hi Folks,
    Marlin back on the road after engine swap. Running well apart from suspension seems a little "springy" and I get a squeak/groan type noise when going over speed bumps (there are way too many of these around now). I'm pretty sure it's the front as I can replicate by pressing on the front bumper. I have a sierra based berli and it has Spax shocks. Okay the questions are:
    1. Does anyone know what model the shocks are?
    2. Any ideas what the noise might be?
    I'm thinking the shocks are due for replacement as my handling is a little "twitchy" and it never used to be. But I'm not sure about the noise.
    Any help appreciated...

Re: Spax shocks and suspension noise

Hello Gary, Gald I'm not the only one that has had this. My Spax I got with the kit did the same. Do NOT but AVO,got a pair in the garage, the thread broke on one of them, and they won't take them back untill I take the springs off.220 LBS on a ring I can't undo !!!Talk to the guy at Protech 01225705553 very heplfull. I have a pair on my Berniletter and I think they work well.

Comment

Hi Gary, I have recently replaced the rear Spax shockers on my Sierra Berlinetta. You cannot buy from Spax from the makers, so go to Demon Tweeks in North Wales. Tel no. 01978 663054 and talk to Paul Jones. He may give you a discount when you ask for "Adjustable Shock absorbers type SPXG734" priced at £59.99 plus Vat. [tell him to check invoice 1993809 11/01/2010 ] If you want to check your number, it is stamped on bottom section close to the adjusting screw and should be G734 ]. I cannot help with the front ones as I have yet to tackle that one. Hope that helps. Brian.

Comment

Hi Folks,
        Thanks for the feedback. I went with Protechin the end. very helpful, quick turnaround and they work a treat. My Marlin sticks to the road again! I hope to be at Stoneleigh now! :-)

Comment

Working...
        X