Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive side change

Hi all,
    I'm going to change the drive side of my Berlinetta. I'd like to make the conversion as painless and smooth as possible so any suggestions are welcome. I assume that a new left-hand steering rack is needed. What else? From my rough measurements the pedals space on the left side is a few centimeter narrower than on the rigt side. It looks that also the brake pump would interfere with the carburator.

It's cortina based Belinetta, 1.8 sierra engine, 5-speed gearbox.
    Q810UGL for thouse that may know her before.

Regards
    Roman

Re: Drive side change

Hello Roman,Don't want to sound like the grim reaper here, but I think the only way your going to make a good job of this is to completely dismantle that area above the foot well, and then rebuild it. Moving the heater box and electrics to swap over the peddle box is a large undertaking.

Comment

Thank you Bob, it is clear for me that it's not an easy change. I just like to prepare myself as good as possible. I use the car right now (ok, daily - not now) so it would be sad to strip the car just to find out that I'm missing something and spent weeks to find it. Yes, there are always some surprises but... if something is evident...

Comment

Hi Roman.
        I have indeed transformed 3 Berlinettas to lhd. It is indeed quite an undertaking and you need much more than the steering rack. If you would like any information or help that I may be able to give please contact me. My email address is: james.dresch(at)hotmail.com
        I have also posted this message under Danny's post.

Comment

Hi Roman.
          I have indeed transformed 3 Berlinettas to lhd. It is indeed quite an undertaking and you need much more than the steering rack. If you would like any information or help that I may be able to give please contact me. My email address is: james.dresch(at)hotmail.com
          I have also posted this message under Danny's post.

Comment

Thank you James. I'll send you an email.

Comment

I know I reviving an old post but did you make the change and could you share your experiences.

Comment

This was written up by James Dresch in Pitstop June/July 2010 in a Members Only Section

Comment

Thanks for the information.A great write up and certainly high lights some of the Gotchas to look out for.

Comment

Working...
                  X