Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Ignition Thingy

Hi Marliners,
    For years I have been thinking about electronic ignition for my 2L pinto but have also with interest been reading about different problems and negative implications as described by club members. While browsing on Ebay, as one does, I came across a £27.95 "Electronic Ignition, Bosch JFU4 Distributors + Vacuum" that is very simple to install without even disturbing the timing. So, I thought "I`ll have one of them." A couple of days later a little tiny orange thingy with two wires poking out and a black plastic ring arrived and within 10 minutes the points and capacitor were gone and the car was running with "electronic ignition". I must admit that I have only done about 50 miles since the transition (you should see the snow we`ve had here) but the engine seems to run more smoothly. The company sells these thingys for many different engines and all seem to be the same price. If anyone else is interested the ebay address is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310199130525&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    James

Re: Electronic Ignition Thingy

Hi James
    fitted one myself runs a treat

Comment

Re: Electronic Ignition Thingy

Ah good old Watford Classic Cars, they sell a lot on eBay, probably because his sour countenance doesn't put so many customers off that way.

Comment

Working...
      X