Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescuing my Berli

Hi all!
    I've taken the summer off work and intend to rescue my Berli to keep me busy :-) It's been in my garage loosing its laquer and getting rusty for the last 10 years...

I'm planning on joining the club but I have a few questions already perhaps somebody could help me with please?

I remember the suspension being rather hard and bouncy and I read that the -2" front spring & rear std Cortina springs from Burton power are a good choice. Is it worth getting a shorter rear spring too? My car seems to sit quite high up at the mo. Not sure what is currently fitted.

Also, I need to replace my seats as they are coming apart. Does anyone have any suggestions for a comfy recliner that will fit?

Finally, I'll need to find a replacement full-length stainless steel exhaust (probably using a Sierra manifold). I was using a side exhaust but am now deaf in one ear :-) Does anyone know if these are still being supplied?

Much obliged! Hopefully get the car back on the road before Sept if I don't lay about watching the world cup..

Matt

Re: Rescuing my Berli

Hi Matthew, with help from Lee Hunter and Bob Jackson, we put brand new rear springs (standard Cortina saloon)on my Berlinetta. This leaves a gap of 90mm between the top of the tyre and the mud guard, the car drive brilliantly and looks really good.
    hope this is of some help.
    Terry

Comment

I brought a pair of -2" front coils from burton power to lower the front end. I noticed after buying them that the coils had been cut down, so did not proceed with fitting them.

If you can collect from Keston, Kent you can have them for half the price I paid.

Good Luck with the renovation

John

Comment

should have said coils fitted to the car were cut down previously. Burton coils new and perfect.

John

Comment

I Concur. The Burton springs are well made and not cut down originals.
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi all
            Thanks for the responses. Was nice to get up to the show today and meet some of the members and see some other Marlins.

John - thanks! actually my folks live in West Wickham, Kent so I'm over that way quite often.. Perhaps I could pick them up some time. :-)

By the way, I think I've decided to have my existing seats repaired/adjusted. Seems a lot less effort than sourcing replacements!

Cheers
            Matt
            PS - attached some pics of how it used to look..

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X