propshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propshaft

Hi there i am still putting together my roadster and i need a prop shaft to go from a fiat gearbox to a 10 cwt van rear axle does anyone have any advice on who may have or be able to make such a thing?
    Thanks
    Rob Lake

Re: propshaft

Hi Rob. Many years ago there used to be a firm in Yeovil that made up propshafts and did balancing. Not sure if they still exist? Worth a trawl through yellow pages or Google to see if anything comes up. Peter.

Comment

Firm by the name of Bailey Morris at the Stoneleigh show, all things driveline related.

Comment

A Chard and Son Ltd
        Unit 1
        Small Street
        St. Philips
        Bristol
        Avon
        BS2 0SQ
        0117-977 7876

Did my fiat twin cam propshaft many years ago.
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Dave Mac
          Coventry
          Making props is their business and they are very good. I've used him twice, and he gives really good advice before you determine the final specification - helps avoid making expensive mistakes.
          Mike

Comment

Dunning and Firbank in Leeds. http://www.propshaft.co.uk/, Not used them but somebody once recommended them to me.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info
              Robert

Comment

I used Autoprop. Found them advertising in one of the kit car magazines. They made one up for me promptly and at a reasonable price. I supplied details over the phone and the propshaft was delivered in about a week. The phone number is 01342 322623.

Comment

I used Chards last year and they did a good job, although always busy so took a while, but they not only made the prop but also worked out best position for cross member etc to get the propshaft angle correct - in my case I ended up with a pretty short prop so this needed a bit of working out, for which they took the car in.

Comment

Auto prop have a reasonable reputation. I have used them twice.
                    A little hard to find if you are local but he seems a knowledgeable chap.
                    A bit offputting to find his workshop in an old ramshackle barn that would fail all the current H&S regulations but work quality is fine.

Comment

one on ebay 22060685787

Comment

Working...
                      X